Thursday, August 30, 2012

Do you think education should be gender-specific at any age?

4 comments:

  1. No! I think it's very important that students are able to work with all genders in any situation. That's how the real world will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that a teacher should be aware that boys and girls have very different learning styles and be sure to use aspects that support both learning styles. I think that the sooner students are exposed to interacting with different genders the better, so no, I do not think that education should be gender-specific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it has to be either way in all situations but I think parents should have the options of at least sending their children to gender specific schools if that is what they want to do. I agree that it is important for students to interact with everyone in order to prepare themselves for the future but if a parent wants to send their child to such a school they should be able to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Students are socialized into genders very early. It is not necessary or appropriate to teach gender-specific lessons. The only exception I can think of is the maturation program taught to elementary students. The only reason to make this gender specific is to help students from being embarrassed as they learning about the upcoming changes of puberty.

    ReplyDelete